Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday's Devo - Some Times Use Words

I am thinking about how we witness. We feel that the only witness is when we say something about Jesus. I gave some money the other day to a homeless guy and didn't say anything but "here" and smile at him. The devil came to me immediately and said, "that didn't do any good because you didn't even mention God or Jesus."
I worked out at my last gym for months before I ever said anything about God. I just let them get to know me and eventually I had an open invitation to talk about Jesus. I saw people change right before my eyes by just being around me.
I felt guilty for no reason because as I study the life of Jesus I realize that he healed people and they didn't even know who did it. John 5:2-15 tells about a man who had been paralyzed for 38 years. Jesus just walked up to him and healed him then slipped away. When the Jewish leaders asked him who healed him he said he had no idea. Jesus found him later and just told him to stop sinning or something worse would happen to him. Again, he didn't even tell him who he was.
We forget that we are spiritual people who minister spirit to spirit. Last night I got downloads from God all night long. I would wake up in the middle of a teaching I was receiving from God and all I could remember would be one line and then I would go back to sleep. I only wrote down one which was, "the only way we can communicate to people we don't have access to is by prayer". I know that is common sense but when God tells you this and puts it in your spirit it is life. It is no longer just a "good idea". Prayer is a POWERFUL tool that we take for granted or don't have much faith in. That is all I remember but God downloaded a whole lot more stuff that will just manifest day by day. If we really realized the power available to us as children of the God of this Universe, we would pray more and reach out to more people. We are God's light in a very dark world. So go out and be a disciple of Jesus......and some times use words.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Talking with you always rejuvenates my spirit. Thanks for chasing our Lord!