Saturday, August 22, 2009

Saturday's Devo - Don't be Timid 8-22-09
Read Ro. 1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ; for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believes; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."
This verse used to intimidate me because I was not bold like I wanted to be or felt like I should be. The older I've gotten the less I care about what people think and the more I care about sharing Jesus. But I still can be intimidated. Last night we went to hear John Bevere speak and he spoke on the spirit of timidity. When I woke up this morning the first verse I read was "Shout with the voice of a trumpet blast. Shout aloud! Dont be timid." Is. 58:1a
One night while I was away on my Middle Eastern trip, my husband went to the Golden Corral to eat. There was a young teen-aged girl there with her family. She was wearing a Christian t-shirt and the Holy Spirit spoke to Dave to bless her. So Dave walked up to her parents and asked if it would be OK for him to bless her and they said it would. So he told her this verse from Romans and said that since she was not ashamed of Him he was pleased with her and gave her a 20-dollar bill. He was so tickled to do that and that will be something that will encourage her throughout her walk.
Sometimes I forget what life was before Christ because I was so young when I asked Jesus into my heart. It is hard for me to imagine life without him but it must be pretty empty since that is my existence now. We are truly empty vessels without him and when He comes in it fills us with substance and makes us whole. It is important to be filled to overflowing so that what we have will spill out on others. That is the value of daily reading His Word and daily spending time with him.
Lord, may we never be ashamed of You, but may we be filled to overflowing with your Spirit and your Word. May our lives be contagious so that others will want what we have.

No comments: