Friday, August 7, 2009

Friday's Devo. Spiritual Dreams

Read Dan. 2
Thursday, August 6, 2009
One of the greatest dreamers in the Bible is Daniel. In Dan. 1:17 it says that "God gave him knowledge and skill in all learning and wisdom: and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams." In those times people knew that dreams were important and had meaning. The king dreamed a dream and even though he couldn't remember his dream, his spirit troubled him to remember it. So he goes to his wise men who he pays to know everything. He wants them to tell him his dream. They think this is a ridiculous request and let him know. This totally ticks the king off and he threatens to kill all the wise men unless they can come up with his dream. When they go to get Daniel and his friends to be executed Daniel asked why. When he found out the story he asks for time to ask God for the dream. Daniel gets his 3 friends to pray with him and that night Daniel gets the dream in a dream. Verse 22 gives us another reason for dreams: they reveal deep and secret things because God knows what is in the darkness and He can turn the light in those hidden places and cause us to see secret things.
In the first dream God gave me about China I was in an ancient room with an older woman who was my spiritual mentor in the dream. The room looked like an antique shop. All the furniture was very old and crowded and it was dimly lit. She handed me an old map made of fabric and there were 2 other ancient maps on the floor. There was an old man there who put a teaching tape on this old player. I knew that it was information that was specifically for me but I couldn't understand what it was saying. It just played in the background. I tried to hear the words but they weren't making sense to me so I just prayed that they would go into my spirit and by-pass my intellect. Then the lady led me out of the room onto a patio that was filled with nice furniture. She walked up to this black ornate oriental china cabinet and opened the glass door and put this black and white object on the shelf. It looked like a carved statue. She said someting to the huard about not letting the people back there. That was the end of the dream.
When I woke up I immediately knew this was an important dream. I asked God about it and this is what I feel like it meant. The older woman and man were angels in charge of information in the world. They were passing on this information to me through the maps and the message on the tape. The three maps stood for three ancient places (At the time of this dream I had just gotten back from trips to Israel and Egypt) I believe those were the maps on the floor. The one she handed me was even older and I believe that was Yemen. The object she put in the China cabinet was something God wanted to deposit in China and I would have to do that by prayer. When I told my friend this dream the next day she said that a lady had come to their church that night and shared with them that the Lord had shown her that the devil was trying to deposit something really evil in China because the Olympics were going to be there that year. This was God's counterattack. So now I knew to pray that God's spirit would be there to fight whatever the devil was trying to plant there. I'm sure there is so much more about that dream that I don't understand in my head but God is a spiritual being and he speaks to the spirit.
Lord awaken our spirits to hear what you are trying to tell us. Give us the right response.

No comments: