Saturday, August 29, 2009

Saturday's Devo- Passing it On

This past week my mom was visiting us and it went better than I could have imagined. Last year God gave me the great idea of taping my mom and Dave's parents telling about their lives. I knew that our grandkids would love hearing about their ancestors one day. This week my mom asked to hear what she taped so I set it up and we watched it. There were times we laughed and cried. It reminded her of things she still wanted to say so I set her up and she taped some more. She told about her walk with God and I realize that she can not talk about all the things she gave me because she doesn't comprehend it, but I can. I watched her go after God at the sake of friendships and popularity. I saw her zest to tell others about Christ. When I opened her suitcase I saw her witnessing tools that she brought with her. She had shared them with people on the plane. She is never without a tract or something to give people who she talks with.
This morning I was reading Psalms 17 which is a prayer of Davids. He is praying for justice against his enemies and in verse 14 and 15 it says:
"By the power of your hand, O Lord, destroy those who look to this world for their reward.
But satisfy the hunger of your treasured ones. May their children have plenty, leaving an inheritance for their descendants."
My parents taught me not to get my satisfaction from worldly things but to hunger for the true riches. So my prayer is that our children will hunger for God and find fulfillment in him alone so that they can leave this inheritance to their descendants.

No comments: