Saturday, August 1, 2009

Sat.'s Devo - Let Your "Yes" be "YES!!!"

Being back in America is wonderful. I love my country and am once again reminded why. I take for granted being able to flush my toilet paper down the toilet and having electricity 24/7 and being able to openly confess my faith. I realized that I can't tell too much about my visit on the internet because it may jepordize the safety of those I went to see, so I want to talk about ministry right here in America. In my travel I realized that I get to see ministry happen right here just like they do in the field because we are all in the field.
Before I left I had a dream that I was in a yoga class and a woman I know crawled over to my mat and told me she needed 100. I knew exactly what she meant and immediately said, "OK". I went back to doing my stretches and she came back over and asked me if I understood what she meant and I said, "You need $100." She said, "right." I noticed she was going around with a note book asking other people and recording their response. I woke up.
I knew that I was to give someone $100. Was it the lady in the dream? She definitely had needs but usually in dreams people don't stand for themselves. So I asked God who she might represent. I thought of a lady in my yoga class that had the same life story as the lady in the dream. Maybe it was her. She had needs also. I finally decided to ask God for a sign. I told him that I would give the $100 to the one I saw first. I saw the one in my yoga class first but forgot to give it to her then. I left for my trip and today I saw her. I don't know her well but I gave it to her and told her God had showed me in a dream to give it to her. She was overwhelmed and told me I just didn't know how bad she needed that. I told her I figured so and gave her a big hug.
I recently heard a man say that God sends 2 angels every time an offering is taken up. One records the amount of the gift and the other records the attitude of the giver. So we have the opportunity to bless God double - with our gift and our attitude. And he gets to bless us back double.
I felt like the lady in my dream was recording everyone's response to the request. Sometimes we are asked to give and we don't need to know why; God is just looking for our "yes"... better known as 'obedience'. The Bible says that obedience is better than sacrifice.
Lord may we be quick to say yes and quick to respond to your voice.

No comments: