Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday's Devo - The Golden Egg is Visable, but not Seen.

My favorite question I like to ask people is "Why does God hide things?" He talks about mysteries, riddles, secrets, and hidden things all through the Bible. If he wants to give us wisdom, knowledge, and understanding why does he hide it in parables, types, shadows, and word pictures? Why did Jesus tell the disciples that he spoke to the people in parables because it was not given to them to know the mysteries of the kingdom; only to the disciples?
I think He hides things because Prov. 25:2 says: "it is the glory of God to conceal a matter, but the glory of kings to search it out." He wants us to search it out. He wants us to ask, dig, seek, knock. He never withholds good things from those who ask. You just have to ask. Jesus explained the parables to the disciples only because they asked. Asking and digging show you really want to know. In the digging, you share a relationship with God. It is like hunting Easter eggs. The parent wants the child to find the egg so he hides it just below the surface. That is where God hides things; just below the natural...in the spirit.
God loves the process. He loves to watch us hunt for hidden treasure in His Word. He loves to play hide-and-seek with us. And when we find the hidden treasures they are such "aha" moments of revelation. They lighten up our heart and make God bigger in our "eyes". I love those moments of intimacy, and so does God.
One morning Dave gave me a scripture God had given him that morning for me. It is Isaiah 48:6-7. It blew my mind and my theology. Go find out why!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, Ginny, that is startlingly like Isaiah 61. How cool!

When am I getting my word via Dave? He is so not listening on my behalf...