Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday's Devo - Dieing to Live

Once we agreed God was sending me to Yemen we both agreed I shouldn't go alone, since I can't make it to Tulsa without getting lost. But, I realize not too many people can just pick up and go to Yemen. The other night we were listening to a man speak and he told the story about a 15 year old girl who told her pastor-dad that she felt God was telling her to go to an unreached tribe in Africa. She didn't know the language and would be going alone. Her dad and mom, of course said no. Then God spoke to the father and said, "She is safer in Africa, in the middle of my will, than in your house, out of my will." She has been there for 4 years now doing a tremendous work for God. Dave looked at me and said, "Yemen". So he decided I should go....by myself. I'm not scared, which is the problem. I'm never scared, but I still get lost, turned around, and in places I never intended to be. So, we'll see. When I e-mailed Robynn she said we would sight-see, shop, and hit the streets witnessing. I am very excited to see what God has in store.
The other night Dave had a dream. He was standing over a dying Muslim. The man said, "It's all a lie." He was talking about Islam. I pray God's laborers will get the message to these dying-without-hope people so they can live with hope.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

But isn't Dave going?