Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday's Devo - Throw Your Seed Upon the Waters

I have been contemplating the law of reaping and sowing or I should say, sowing and reaping. Most people talk about it in a negative sense like if your child is considering doing something wrong you remind them that they will reap what the sow. The phrase hangs over your conscience and follows you everywhere you go. Well, what about the other side of the coin? If you walk uprightly, it only has great benefits. Last June out church did a project called "Clean Slate". We totally redid a house of a family that had great needs. I was a part of that ministry and gave my decorating talents freely. It was such a blessing to everyone involved. After that my business exploded. I planted my seed in fertile ground and it produced a hundred fold and more.
We also think of reaping and sowing in terms of ministry. If we plant seeds of love and salvation, we will expect to reap a harvest of souls. In the last days God said that the reaper will overtake the sower. (Amos 9:13). That is what I call salvation. All I know is that we are living in times where everyone is uncertain about their future and we hold the answer, and the hope, and the peace they need. May we be bold in planting our seed because the fields are ripe, but the laborers are few. It only takes a little seed to go a long way. Start scattering seed!