Friday, March 20, 2009

Friday's Devo - Fear Not!

Luke 2:10 And the angel said unto them,Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
Dave and I are going to Shreveport today to visit my mom and the kids. Josh and Charm just finished redoing a house and have been moving in all week. I can't wait to see it. It will be good to all be together again.
I talked to a friend of mine today who just had her first child. She is full of all the fears of a new mom; a single one at that. This is the greatest time to be bringing a child into the world. I hear Mordecia telling Esther: "who knows but that you were brought to the kingdom for such a time as this." I remember my mom saying that she would hate to be bringing children into the world when I was having my family. Not very encouraging and though she meant well, it was not true. God had his son sent to this world in a time when crazy kings ruled, religious hypocrites ran the synagogue and false teaching abounded. The streets were not safe at night and to travel was very scarry. But God wasn't afraid for his son; even when they murdered and humiliated him. Why are we so driven by fear? Jesus was always saying, "fear not." It wasn't a suggestion, it was a command.
I told my friend that this was a great time to be bringing her son into the world, and I meant it. We are living in exciting times for the church. The world is getting less and less sure of themselves and everyone is looking for an answer. We have it!!! Jesus is hope and life and joy and everything we need. We are going to shine like the stars because the night is getting darker. People are not complacent and satisfied anymore; they are actively afraid and searching. The fields are ripe for harvest. Let's put on our harvest clothes and go bring them in. It just takes God's love.
Luke12:32 Fear not, little flock: for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love it, Ginny! Thanks for all the encouragement you've poured into my life.