Saturday, March 14, 2009

Saturday's Devo- Go Ye Therefore...

I'm going to Yemen in July. I still don't know exactly how it happened, but I'm going by myself to visit a person I am only a little familiar with. Actually, my husband met Robynn Pollard one Sunday afternoon when he had to stay after church for a meeting. Dave HATES meetings. Robynn was out in the parking lot and her car wouldn't start. Dave ended up taking her to her house clear across town. He came home telling me that I needed to meet her. She and her husband had been missionaries in Yemen and had come home for a while. I did finally meet Robynn one day at church. What I noticed about her was her great smile and the beautiful necklace she was wearing. She said she got it over seas and it was made by Aya Barr, a Jewish woman. After that, I noticed Aya's jewelry in various nice stores with nice price tags on them. When I went to Israel I got some of her earrings.
I saw Robynn occasionally in the next year, but only for a minute. She and her husband, Greg, went back to Yemen. Since then, I have heard about them everywhere. I get their newletter and we pray for them and sometimes support them.
I have this dream where I am substituting in a classroom and I decided to do a talk on my earrings. (How educational!) I have selected a few of my earrings to talk about. I pick up the one by Aya Barr and am telling them about my trip to Israel and the woman who made it. And like in dreams, the earring doesn't look anything like mine. It is much larger and has white crystals on it. One of the boys who is not interested in spiritual things turns to look at this earring. It is like it is a bridge for him to God. I wake up. I always associate these earrings with Robynn since she is the one who introduced me to the designer.
Wellll, my dear husband kept telling me that he thinks I should go visit Robynn. He is bound to make me an evangelist to the nations. He sends me everywhere and just stays home and works to support my journeys. One of these days he is going to go with me. I'll continue this tomorrow. You're tired of reading and I'm tired of writting. Blessings!!!

No comments: