Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thurs.'s Devo - Words of Life

Read Pro. 10:18-21
These verses have to do with our words. James says that the tongue is a little member but it can kindle a fire and burn the course of nature. Our words are so important. I know that women need to talk. Study has shown that we say about 10,000 more words a day than men because we have the need to express ourselves through conversation. I started meeting a friend for breakfast every Thurs. morning over a year ago. I realized early-on that we needed a purpose and a guide for our conversation or it would be idle talk and gossip so I bought us both a little book for us to write our prayer requests on and pray about during the week. If we thought of something we wanted to remember to bring up we could write it in the book. That has been a real boundary. Then, I realized that she had the same love for studying the Bible that I did, so I suggested we bring our Bibles and share with each other what God had been showing us. We have had so many meaningful conversations and it has been a real guide for our mouths so that we don't fall into idle talking. Verse 20 says that the tongue of the just is as choice silver. That is what I want my tongue to be. What comes out of our mouths should feed people just like the Word of God feeds our spirit.

No comments: