Saturday, July 17, 2010

Sat.'s Devo - Open Doors

Read: Matt. 16:19
This week was the first week in my house. I left the courthouse and couldn't wait to get to a locksmith and have them open my new house. I wanted to rekey the place anyway so that was fine with me. Good for me, I found one close. Since I bought it off the Sheriff's sale the lawyer had told me that if I didn't want to wait for 3 weeks to get in I would need to break in. David, the locksmith, told me he could come out tomorrow. TOMORROW?!?! I told him I couldn't wait till tomorrow; I had already waited too long so he told me he would send someone out today just to let me in and come rekey it tomorrow. That was better so I went to the house to wait. While I was sweating on the hot porch waiting for him something told me to try the back door. I had tried the back door every time I brought someone over to see the house and it was locked tight. This time it just opened! God reminded me of the scripture that he would open a door that no man can shut, and shut a door that no man could open. I was so excited. I timidly went in in case someone was in there, but no one was and nothing looked touched. I started out the front door to go tell the locksmith he didn't need to come, when he drove up. I told him I got it open and he told me there would be no charge and he would come come the next day and rekey all the locks. Well, later that day I walked over to my lawyer across the street to let him know how the closing went and when I came back I had locked myself out. This time there was no door that magically opened so I walked a mile and a half to the locksmith's in the sweltering heat. He came and let me in AGAIN. I guess when God opens a door you need to keep it open till He shuts it. Now I have keys and can come and go anytime I want to. That reminds me of the keys God gave us. The keys to the kingdom that whatsoever we bind on earth shall be bound in heaven and whatsoever we loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. We need to use our keys.
Lord, once again I thank you for your awesome grace that you pour out on your children. Let us not forget that we have been given powerful

2 comments:

Larsen Family said...

Thanks for this reminder that I have been telling myself for awhile. Congrats on the new house. When will you be moving in?

Ginny's gems said...

I'm in and fixing it up. Come see me. It is at 411 W. Broadway in Broken Arrow. Would love to see ya!