Monday, July 26, 2010

Mon.'s Devo - The favor of the Lord

Read Pro. 12:2
We can walk or run in the favor of the Lord. We should live in the favor of God. When I went to pay the balance of the house I got at the Sheriff's sale I was to bring a certified check for the remaining 90% of the sale. I had my check and brought it the morning of the hearing. When I went to pay it they informed me that I was over $400 under the right amount. The lawyer was there and said I would have to forgo the sale since the hearing was in 10 minutes and the judge wouldn't wait. I told her I would be back and ran out the door to the bank down the street. I told the bank my plight and they had to rewrite the check and wait for approval. It was now 10 minutes past the time for the hearing to start. I took off my shoes and ran 3 blocks back to the court house, up the escalator and to the desk where I had to pay. That took an extra 7 minutes because they were in no hurry. I then ran back down stairs and into the room where the hearing was. I flew into the room and it was still in process. The lawyer turned around and I told her I had paid it. I was right in time. In fact the next house was mine. That was the favor of God. I told the devil he was not getting my house while I was standing impatiently at the bank. I didn't know how it was going to happen but I just knew God would work it out and he did. I realized after it was all over that I did bring the right amount....they just upped the price without telling me. The end of the verse says that God will condemn the devises of the enemy.

No comments: