Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunday's Devo - Give Life to the Dead

Last night was my birthday dinner from Dave so when he asked me where I wanted to eat the only place I could think about was the same restaurant I had eaten at with my friend on Wed., so I said Charlestons. We went and since I couldn't remember the waiter's name we just took pot luck. I saw our waiter and stopped him and introduced him to Dave. Then I told him that I realized he probably didn't have a Bible and I was thinking about getting him one. He said he didn't have a Bible and would like that a lot. So after we ate I came home and thought I should go get him a new one right then while it was still fresh on my heart. I found a really cool leather Men's Bible and took some sticky notes and wrote him some helps. I wrote one at the first of the Bible that invited him and his girl friend to our church and told him the schedule of services. Then I took one and marked the verse in Proverbs 3:5 and told him that Proverbs was a good book about how to live. Then I took a sticky and put it in John and told him that this was a good place to start. I told him that he would find Jesus who held his destiny. Then I took the Bible and put it in a paper bag, taped it up with masking tape and wrote his name on the front and went back to the restaurant. I walked in and looked for him. The hostess asked me if she could help me and I told her who I was looking for. She asked me if I wanted her to go get him and I said, "No, I really just want you to give this to him." So she left to do that and I left and went home. It is sooooo much fun living for God. It really is a reaping good time!
I pray that this young man will meet Jesus and have his life totally changed and find his destiny that he was created for. I also pray that his girlfriend and her two children will be brought into the kingdom.

No comments: