Monday, September 7, 2009

Monday's Devo - Our Glorious Intercessor

Read Ro. 8: 17-28
Good news - no amount of suffering we can experience here on earth is comparable to the glory that is going to be in us one day. All creation is waiting for the sons of God to be revealed. All creation was made to obey the effects of sin and is waiting to be released from its bondage when we are released from our bondage of sin. All creation is travailing in pain waiting to be released from the pain of aging and dying. Our bodies are the same. Even though we are surrounded with suffering, pain, disease, and death we live with the confident expectation that one day we will be saved from all this.
When I study the Bible I try to read whatever I am studying like I have never read it before. I try not to bring my doctrines or preconceived ideas about a verse with me. So that is what I am doing with vs. 26. I have heard this taught so many times but as I try to blank that out I see something different. The Holy Spirit is the Intercessor; he is OUR intercessor. He prays prayers that words cannot express. He knows a dimension that goes beyond words and he prays in that language of sighs, groans, inaudible prayers that prays what we would have no knowledge of. I believe that we can join him and allow him to pray through us but it will not come out in words we can understand. It might come out as a sigh, groans, or a language we cannot understand. These prayers are the will of God who causes all things to work together for good. The Holy Spirit might pray for us to lose our job. We would never pray for that. But he knows the mind of God and knows what is best for us. If we didn't lose our job, we wouldn't press into God and find what is the best plan for us. He is praying out our future.
Thank you Holy Spirit for praying for us and working everything for our good. We are so grateful to walk with you and never alone.

No comments: