Saturday, September 26, 2009

Saturday's Devo - Be Life to the Dead

It is a wonderful age to witness. People are hungry for some answers and hope. When I was growing up most of the people I ran across were "churched". I remember one boy in my 5th grade class who didn't go to church. We were all appalled and felt sorry for him. Now that is not abnormal. The good side to people not being "churched" is that they don't have a false security of salvation.
The other day I was listening to KXOJ and they had had an "Ask Your Friends to Church Sunday". On that Sunday churches that participated reported a 20-40% increase that Sunday. People that they asked said that they would probably go to church if someone asked them to.
On my birthday I went out to eat with a friend. Our waiter was so attracted to us (and not in the wrong way). I noticed he kept coming back to us so I finally turned to him and started asking him about his life in which he was more than willing to tell us. Then we gave him the scripture in Prov. 3:5 If you trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding and in all your ways acknowledge him, he will direct your path. He was so interested and open. He said he didn't go to church but had studied religion in college and was very interested in it. I told him where we went to church and invited him. We told him to start reading his Bible. Afterwards, I thought he probably doesn't own a Bible. Hopefully he will go out and get one. Or maybe I should get him one. I'll have to pray about that one. Anyway, the reason for my rambling is that the fields are ripe unto harvest. Be a harvester. Shucks, you'll have a reaping good time! All puns intended!