Saturday, January 31, 2009

Saturday's Devo - Meet Me in the Bathroom

Are you ready for another dream? I dreamed that Dave and I were at a girl's softball game. The team we were supporting were losing horribly. The game was in between innings and I walked across the field and turned around and walked back. I looked at the pitcher and said, "I'm the field walker." I said it jokingly because I didn't know what I was doing out there. When I got back to the stands Dave told me they wanted me to go in next inning. I realized I needed to go to the bathroom first. I looked for a Por-a-John and saw 3 down the street. I started walking that way. Once down there I couldn't find them. I ended up in this ladies' beautiful garden. When I asked her where they were she pointed back the way I came. I started back. I passed an outside cafe and asked the lady if I could use her bathroom. She said that I could but I had to be careful because the bathroom was downstairs and full of toxic waste. She said that as soon as I finished I would need to wash my clothers. I told her I couldn't do that because I was fixing to play in a game. End of dream.
This is the third "bathroom" dream I have had. I had a friend help me with the interpretation. I think that the game of life is being played and I am in the stands watching. I think these are my jr. high girls that I teach on Wed. nights. I am to "walk the land" and claim their ground for Jesus. They are losing the game and need me to help (get involved). I need to go find a prayer closet because there is something I need to be confessing, repenting of, claiming, over them. I search in the garden (the abundance) and in the cesspool of toxic waste (the curse) and couldn't find it. I am not looking in the right places. Last night I asked God to allow me to dream the answer to where the bathroom was or what exactly what I needed it for.
I dreamed I was involved in a heist. I was looking for something valuable that I was going to steal. It was an old Bible. I was hiding it behind a furnace. "Furnaces" have to do with trials and persecution. I think the specific prayers I am looking for are going to come through my trials. I think I am suppose to share my trials that I go through and show them how the Word of God got me through it. Since it was an old Bible, I probably need to tell them my trials as a teen-ager like them.
Lord, I pray for these girls and the trials that they are going through. I pray that you would ground them in your word. Train them to hear your voice, mold them to the image you have created them to conform to, cause them to draw near to you and walk with You in Your garden. Help them to keep their bodies pure from all the toxic waste of the world. Raise up examples for our youth. AMEN!

No comments: