Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wed.'s Devo -Our Destiny

Read Pr. 29:18
I have heard this verse over and over but it is still true and powerful. Without a dream you have no direction or destination. God created everyone with a destiny. The word destination comes from the word destiny so we all have a destination we are to reach. I believe, sadly, that few people reach this before they die, but it is attainable in God. Our DNA is stamped with our destiny on it. The way to reach your destiny is found in the last of the verse: "he that keeps the law, happy is he". Nothing will fulfill us more than walking in God's will for our lives. We are made to have purpose and structure. Everyday I try to set a goal of what I want to accomplish that day and when I do I am so pleased and satisfied. If I didn't set a goal I would feel overwhelmed because I would always feel stressed over what I hadn't done. Look at all the people in the Bible that were born with a known destiny: Moses, Samson, Josiah, John the Baptist, Jesus. They all had a spoken word over them before they were born. We do too. It was spoken from heaven and all we have to do is put God first and look to him. He will perform it through us without us even realizing we are in it.
Lord, let your spirit guide us today in the destiny you have planned for us today.

No comments: