Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tues.'s Devo Raising our Children

Read Pr. 29:15-17
Raising children is the most important task we are given. They are our inheritance and our reward. If we don't take that ministry serious then everything else we do loses its power. Our job is the beginning and God's job is the end: we are to raise them up in the Lord and it is God who brings that about in their lives. Discipline takes time and patience and is never ending when our children are young. It can be exhausting but fruitful. Today's verse says that the rod and reproof give wisdom. I think that goes for the one giving it also. I grew so much by watching my children grow up and seeing them respond to discipline. Now that they are grown I am so thankful that I spent the time with them to train them in the Lord. They are truly a delight to my soul and I am at rest. We are raising the next generation that will rule on the earth; what a ministry! The devil wants us to feel unproductive and isolated because he knows that being a parent is a powerful position. Don't be deceived: what you do as a parent is so important.
Lord, help us not to be distracted by the enemy and lose our focus when raising our children. We might not have the audience of the earth but we have the audience of heaven. Give us wisdom to walk in your timing.

No comments: