Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tue.'s Devo - Being Diligent

Read Pro. 12:24
We are suppose to be the head and not the tail. So how does that happen? Today's verse says that if you want to rule you have to be diligent. The meaning in the Hebrew of the word diligent is "actively incisive; determined, eager, fine gold, pointed things, sharp, threshing instrument, wall." To me that means that we have to have a plan, God's plan, and go for it with all our hearts. It takes hard work and determination to do the will of God. I think of this house the Lord gave me. I work at the house from the time I leave my residence till around 5 in the afternoon. It is a lot of hard work but it is slowly transforming into my dream. Last week I felt like I was putting in long hours with little results but on Saturday, God sent the recruits and some friends came over and we got ceiling fans hung, walls painted, furniture painted and shelves torn down. It made the whole week turn into a success. We can either be diligent and rule or we can be slothful and be under a burden. The enemy will try to steal your dream by telling you you are too old, it will be too costly, or it will require too much energy. Don't sit on you couch and believe that lie. When God gives you a task he renews your youth, and provides the money and the strength it will take to complete your job. The result is so satisfying and exuberant. Wouldn't you rather rule than be under a burden?
Lord, help us to renew the dream you have placed inside us. Dispel our excuses and doubts and replace them with your vision and diligence.

No comments: