Monday, August 2, 2010

Mon.'s Devo - Regard for your Beast

Read Pro. 12:10
If a righteous man regards the life of his beast then we are a righteous nation. I have never seen such devotion to pets. They now have pet cemeteries, groomers, dog oncologists, the list goes on into the ridiculous. I don't want to start an argument so I won't elaborate but this scripture is comparing being civil to your animals as something that is trivial yet something only the righteous would do. The evil person can not be kind. Even his "tender mercies" are cruel. We should be known by our love and compassion especially for the lowly and oppressed. Their beasts were the animals that would carry their loads and work their fields. They would be the blue collars of today.
Last Monday God gave me an opportunity to do just that. I have had so much trash at the new house that I felt bad and wanted to do something to let my sanitation men how much I appreciated them so I bought some Gatoraids and was waiting for them to come. They passed right by the house really fast and only got the trash on the other side of the street so I didn't have an opportunity to give it to them. I had to leave and run an errand but on my way out, I looked down the next street I saw them so I turned around and went back to the house and got the Gatoraids. I took it to them and told them how much I appreciated them and was sorry I had so much trash. They were very thankful and I went away blessed. So if you don't have a "beast" maybe you have someone who has been serving you well for years and could use a word of thanks or maybe a bottle of Gatoraide!
Lord, help us to regard all your creatures, human or animal.

No comments: