Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thurs.'s Devo - The Righteous Race

Read Pro. 12:26-28
Why would anyone, after reading Proverbs want to be anything but righteous? His ways are more excellent and he receives the reward of his labor and all his ways lead to life. On the other hand, the wicked man seduces and his ways lead to death. He doesn't even get to reap the benefits of his labor. I was running this morning and I tripped over one of those reflector bubbles they put in the concrete to mark where to tee off. It was still dark and I was running through the golf course in our neighborhood. I couldn't see it till I hit it and went skidding across the concrete on my knee. It was not only painful but disconcerting. I got up and, thank God, was not broken anywhere so I kept running. I wonder if that is how it is in the world of the unsaved; they just run in the dark and when they stumble they just get up and keep running in the dark. We are not walking in the dark but we are children of the light and can know the path we are on and see the way. We might not be able to see too far ahead but we know the one who is leading us and he can see past our future into eternity. That is a comforting thing to know.
Lord, help us to run a righteous race on your path to eternity.

2 comments:

Larsen Family said...

Your postings for the past week, have been really speaking to me. Thank you for being God's vessel. We are still waiting on God for clear direction; but I have peace whichever way he wants us to go. :)

Ginny's gems said...

I'll be praying with you. Thanks for the encouragement!