Monday, August 23, 2010

Mon.'s Devo - Hope Deferred

Read Pro. 13:12
When we first moved to Tulsa we looked and looked for an existing house to buy. After literally looking at over 50 houses it became apparent that we would need to build. So we got an apartment and found a builder. Since my house was going to be a custom house, the builder kept putting my house off till he had more time. I waited and waited for my house to get at least a foundation poured. My heart was sick and I thought of this verse many a day. I finally called the foreman and told him to promise me again that he really was going to build my house. He assured me he was and that the foundation would be poured that Wednesday. Wouldn't you know, we were experiencing a drought that year and it rained that day. I was so upset. About 2 weeks later they finally poured my foundation. It took forever to be built but when it was finished I was so glad. My house was not my "tree of life" but God's fulfilled promise was. We never like to wait but it is so a part of God's nature that he wants everyone to have it. Long suffering and patience do not go with today's remote control life but God doesn't change with the world, he is in a kingdom all of his own and it is stress-free and right on time so if you are having to wait for something, pull up a chair and meditate on the goodness of God. Thank him for what he is going to do and dream big.

No comments: