Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sun.'s Devo - Update on God's House

I thought I should give an update on my house. I am in and love it. God has sent so many wonderful friends to help me work on it and fulfill the dream God placed in me. I still don't understand the whole scope of why he gave me this house, but I have complete peace that it will unfold. This week was the first week I actually worked in it and my work room is on the front of the house and since I haven't gotten the curtains made yet I am working in front of huge windows. The house is on a busy street so I can see all the cars that come past. I love it because I feel like I am a part of what is going on outside. I have had a painter painting the outside of the house all week and I have had opportunities to share with him even though he speaks little English. He had gotten paid for another job and had $500 in his pocket. He had his cell phone in the same pocket and when he went to answer it he must have brought out the money unknowingly and it flew away. When he realized it he combed the yard and found $300 of it. He remembered 2 boys on bicycles stopping and picking something off the sidewalk. He was going to pay bills that afternoon with it and now he couldn't. I helped him look but it was a very windy day and no doubt those boys had his other $200. So I told him I would pray that God would restore it to him. He looked doubtful but I know that nothing is impossible with God. So I am still praying that he gets his $200 back. I know God can do that and show this man how much he loves him.
Lord, you said that the prayers of a righteous man avail much so we, your righteous children are praying and asking you to retore Louis's money to him and show him how much you are concerned with the affairs of man. Show him that you are a personal God who reigns over the entire universe and you choose to know and love him.

No comments: