Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunday's Devo - God is Faithful to his Word

Ro. 4:20-21 Abraham never wavered in believing God's promise. In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this ge brought glory to God. He was fully convinced that God is able to do whatever he promises.
I love to take risks with God. I got an e-mail from Adam Pray who has recently moved his family to Cairo, Egypt. He asked for prayer for his house to lease because they really needed the income. The thought popped into my head: tell him his house will lease this week. I use to always question these thoughts and battle about whether to act on them, but I am learning to just act. If I'm wrong the world will still rotate on its axis and the sun will still rise so I did. I responded: I believe that your house will rent this week. Adam knows me enough to love me even if I'm wrong, but what if I DID hear from God and what if by me proclaiming it, it gave God the permission to act. He has chosen to act through us and we have to speak what he wants spoken for it to manifest. God spoke through his prophets all through the OT to bring about his promises. He still speaks through his people to bring about what He wants to happen.
Well, I waited all week to hear from Adam and went out of town that Wed. When I got back there was an e-mail from Adam. They had leased their house on that Friday!!! Praise the Lord!!! The key is hearing what God says. We can't name it and claim it but we can if God says to. He trumps everything. His name is worthy of all our praise!
Lord, may we be like Abraham who never wavered in believing your promises.

No comments: