Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sunday's Devo - Grace is Magical

I love when God sends random people into my life to pour something into me. That happened Friday. I had gone to work out and it was cardio day so I was on the treadmill doing my 5 miles. My ankle started hurting and I thought I could just run through it and it would stop but instead it got worse. I finally had to give it up and stop. I remembered I had my bathing suit with me so I decided to go sit in the whirlpool to help my ankle. A man was swimming in the swimming pool and came to the whirlpool. We were the only people in the area. He started talking to me and ended up giving me his testimony. He was a traveling magician named "Al". He had been in drugs and all kind of sin in the 70's and got saved. This caused his wife to divorce him. When she lost everything she called him. She was so amazed at what God had done in him she decided to remarry him and accept Jesus. So they have walked with God since then. They attended Rhema in the 90's and have been in ministry for years. He has been on David Letterman, worked in Branson and opened for many famous people. Now he goes around to schools doing assemblies. He makes the principal disappear and if you want to see her come back you have to go back that night. At the nightly meeting he and his team present the gospel.
I sat in the whirlpool turning into a prune and about to pass out of heat wraptly listening to his story. He told about how God met his needs along the way and the line he kept using was, "Your provision is at the place of your assignment." I knew that was the word for me. He was talking about money but what about grace and ability? I make window treatments and other things and I am always being challenged to do something new. I am constantly calling on God's grace and creative ability. It is always there when I need it.
I remember in college the professors would show us art work done by the seniors and I would think I could never do that, but when the time came I could and did. Looking too far ahead is not good. Grace comes at the time of the need and is always on time. It is "magical"....it appears out of nowhere!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good word, Ginny.