Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday's Devo - In the Midst of Trials

That is where we are right now...in the midst of a trial. We got a letter this week from the IRS saying that in 2007 we under paid our taxes $14,000!!! Not the kind of mail you want to get. That year we got back over that amount and the IRS sent us a second check saying they owed us even more. Now they want it all back. Well, needless to say, my dear husband was devastated. We have investments that we don't know that much about it but we had gotten advise from his accountant/ brother as to how to fill out that part on the tax return. Now they are saying we did it wrong. Well, I'm not taking that sitting down. I told the devil what he can do with that and I told him he was not stealing that money from us. We try to use our money for God's kingdom and see our money as God's money. Just a couple of weeks I stood before a group of people and said, "God is looking for a people that will give extravagantly to the Lord and his kingdom. And for those people, He is going to pour more and more money into their hands so they can use it for God." And now, this happens. It is obvious it is the enemy's doings. I love a challenge from the enemy. It is like Goliath coming out and taunting God's army. All it takes is a David with the stone flung in the right direction. In other words all it takes is someone who sees what is going on and has faith in God. He can take the Word of God and send it right into the devil's forehead. As I was typing this, Dave stopped me to read to me a passage in Jeramiah. I think this is our rock! It is Jer. 32:40-42 "And I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good for them. I will put a desire in their hearts to worship me. and they will never leave me. I will find joy doing good for them and will faithfully and wholeheartedly replant them in this land. This is what the Lord says: Just as I have brought all these calamities on them, so I will do all the good I have promised them." God promised in Deuteronmy 28 that the blessings of God will come on us and overtake us.
What trial are you going through? Find your stone and aim it right at the devil's forehead.

No comments: