Saturday, May 9, 2009

Saturday's Devo - The Rest of the Story

Read Ps 91
Psalms 91:1 is the "911" for God's children: "Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty."
Last week-end I told you about our temites and our IRS ordeal. The termites were going to cost $1,200 to treat. We were visiting our next-door neighbors and they told us that we should check our contract on our house because they were pretty sure we were covered for 5 years. Since our house is only 3 years we should be covered. We did and we were. We called them and they treated our termites for free! The IRS told us we owed $14,000 back taxes from 2007. We are still looking into it but it looks like it will only be $500 and I'm still praying for the penalty being waived and the $500 being lessened. We didn't do it on purpose. Needless to say $500 is much, much, better than $14,000! Our God is good. We should find out the final figure this week. My husband is thrilled! He said next year we are going to pay someone to do our taxes. I say, "Amen".
Today's Psalm from me was Ps. 91. I read it out loud to Dave in the New Living Bible and we both rejoiced. God defeats the enemy for us. He is our strong deliverer. He rescues us from every trap. His faithful promises are our armor and protection. We do not have to be afraid of the arrows of the enemy or the disater that strikes. Even though people are falling all around us, these evils will not touch us (Swine flu). If we make the Lord our refuge and our shelter, no evil will conquer us. God's angels will protect us wherever we go and hold us up in their hands.
"The Lord says: I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer: I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them. I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation." Ps. 91:14-16
Have a blessed Saturday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Praise God, Ginny!