Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tues.'s Devo - Finding God


Read Pro. 8:1-3
God is always saying something; we just need to get on his frequency and position ourselves to hear him. Wisdom and understanding are shouting from the the top of the high places, by the way, in the places of the paths, at the gates, at the entry of the city and at the coming in at the doors. So let's look at those places. The top of the high places were where they went to worship. So God will give us wisdom in our quiet times with him. By the way and in the places of the paths means along the way... when we least expect it, answers will come. At the gates and at the entry of the city is where the elders would sit and give advice, judgment, teaching to anyone who needed it. They determined who came in and who went out. This is a place of authority and we all need mentors who can give us wisdom. We also have a personal gatekeeper called the Holy Spirit who watches over our city to keep it protected. At the coming in at the doors: we all have openings or doors which are our eyes, ears, noses, etc. If you are looking for wisdom, God will bring a sermon, a word, a note, something that can come through your doors and enlighten you.
On a personal note, this week I was praying about something. I had the impression that I should call my girlfriend and ask her to pray with me. She called me first which was unusual since we haven't talked in a while. I told her my prayer request and she and I prayed about it. When I prayed I found myself saying something I hadn't thought of before. That day another friend called and told me she was sending me a letter with a scripture written down for me. When I got it it was the same thing I had found myself praying the day before. Amazing God! I love how he networks everything together to speak to us.
Lord, may we go to the high places and seek you and find you along our paths, in the words of our authority, and in our senses. You are worth finding.

No comments: