Monday, June 14, 2010

Mon.'s Devo - Life and Rest

Read Pro. 8:32-36
Once again we are admonished to choose wisdom so that we will be blessed. In finding wisdom we find Him and he gives us life and favor. I have been looking into buying a house for my business and found the perfect one. It was not only vacant but in foreclosure. It is in need of serious renovation which is my passion but the price, even in foreclosure, is too high. I have prayed about it, walked the property and claimed it; I've done all I know to do about it. I was reading in Hebrews 3 this morning and the last verse stood out to me. It said that the children of Israel were not able to enter God's rest because of their unbelief. Our belief or unbelief is not in what God can do but it boils down to who he is. God owns this house I want and he can give it to whoever he wants to. My job is to seek the kingdom; God's kingdom and believe in God and live in his rest. Seeking God who is wisdom is the greatest thing I could ever do; he gives life and favor. Who could want for more.
Lord, I commit this house to you and trust in your goodness and wisdom. It is you alone who gives life and favor and a moment in your house is better than a thousand elsewhere.

No comments: