Friday, June 11, 2010

Fri.'s Devo - The Origin of God's Species

Read Pro. 8:22-31
All scripture is inspired and is the living Word of God, but written by men. I wonder if they go into a trance or how it comes to them because in the middle of this chapter he transitions into a Messianic announcement. He starts giving us the account of Jesus' beginning. Before God made anything on the earth he planned Jesus. He brought him forth and possessed him. In Hebrews 1 it says, "Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee. And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son." It goes on to say that God introduced Jesus to the world and let all the angels worship him. I don't know if Jesus was in heaven before he came to earth or what but I do know is that Jesus was around during creation because it tells us he was. He was there before the mountains or the hills had settled; before the fields or high places; before the heavens or the seas; before the clouds or the sea bottoms; before he told the shores of the seas. Jesus was right there training with God and daily his delight. Can't you just see the Father and the Son playing as they created the earth and all the animals and plants, and rocks. I bet they had a blast. They rejoiced at what they made and especially the creation of man.

No comments: