Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sat.'s Devo - Under the Shelter of His Wings

This has been a whirlwind of a week. I have watched God work in miraculous ways to get that house for him to put his glory. After I got the house I went to the lawyer across the street asked him what I needed to do next. He told me to get the abstract. The abstract will tell me if I have to pay the $20,000 second mortgage or anything else. He didn't seem very encouraging because of the history of the past owners and I left his office scrambling for my Bible and its promises. I came home very discouraged till I picked up my daily bread and started reading the first place I came to in Psalms. I landed in the 50's and started reading them out loud. I read, sang, cried, and prayed the Word till I felt totally strengthen. How can you not be strengthened when you read promises like: "In his unfailing love, my God will stand with me. He will let me look down in triumph on all my enemies." "But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you. I praise God for what he has promised. I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me?" God assured me that it is his house and he did not give me a house of debt but a blessing. When I talked to my mother she told me she heard the number $125,000 in her spirit. That is the same number Dave had come up with before the auction. The bank's representative at the auction said that it had a second mortgage of $20,000 . I got it for $121,060 which with the second mortgage would up my cost to $141,060 and I still have to pay to have the abstract and title confirmed which is another $685. I am believing that I won't have to pay the second mortgage and when it is all said and done I will only owe $125,000. That will take a miracle, but I serve a miracle-working God.
Thank you God that when you created us and charted out our path you made every provision to help us to walk on it. Lead us to the towering rock of safety, for you are your safe refuge, a fortress where our enemies cannot reach us. Let us live forever in your sanctuary, safe beneath the shelter of your wings

No comments: