Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thurs.'s Devo - The Lord's Delight

Read Pro. 3:11-12
God is speaking to us as his son; one who builds the family name, which could be an individual or a nation. So to us or to our nation we are not to spurn the Lord's reproofs. I hate it when I know I have missed God's mark; but I love Him to tell me so I won't do it again. A couple of months ago I found myself playing God and trying to manipulate a situation because I though I knew best. When God chastised me and showed me what I was doing I was so ashamed and vowed I would never let that happen again. Well now I have a similar situation and found myself doing the same thing till I woke up and realized it. Thank God I stopped before it was too late. Being corrected by God hurts for the moment but is cleansing and joyful in the end. God only corrects us because he loves us and wants the very best for us. Verse 12 says that he corrects us because he delights in us. This means that he is pleased with us like the satisfaction you get when a debt is payed off. If our debt is fully paid to God then we can fellowship with nothing awkward or obligatory between us. That sounds like friendship to me.
Lord, help us to be builders of your holy name. Discipline us as the children in whom you delight. We delight to do your will.

No comments: