Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sun.'s Devo - The Tragedy was Reversed!

This week-end is D-Now week-end only we are calling it dnekeew won-d which is D-Now backwards because the theme is reversing the tragedy. To me the tragedy was that ever since I have heard about D-Now at our church I have heard about how bad the 6th grade girls were. Since I teach them in rcg's they gave them my house. I have a gameroom that is small especially when you want to put 14 sleeping bags with 14 girls in them in it. My limit had been 8-10 but when it came down to the night there were 14. I explained to them the tragedy and that we needed to reverse the curse over the 6th grade girls. They took the challenge and were the best group I have kept yet. Of course I know that it helped that I went into the room before they came and cast out every evil spirit I could think of and invited the Holy Spirit to occupy every space. They all slept well, had no drama, got along great and seemed to get filled up with God's Spirit. Dave and I went to bed every night and didn't hear a peep out of them. Their two leaders were fabulous. God bless Alex and Adrianne.
In the book of Esther, the king had written an edict that the Jews would be destroyed on a certain day. Esther went before the king on behalf of all the Jews and asked that the king reverse his edict. In Esther 8:5 her words were,"If it please the king, and if I have found favour in his sight, and the thing seem right before the king, and I be pleasing in his eyes, let it be written to reverse the letters devised by haman, which he wrote to destroy the Jews which are in all the king's provinces." This week-end we reversed the letters of D-Now in the natural to signify a greater reversal in the spirit. I know God went much further in this process than just giving me a peaceful week-end: many curses over these young lives were reversed and their curses have turned to blessings. Lord, like in Esther, write your name on these youth's heart and seal it with your ring; for the writing which is written in the king's name, and sealed with the king's ring, may no man reverse. (Esther 8:8)

2 comments:

Larsen Family said...

I know one 6th grade girl who had a blast. Thank you for opening your home to them.

Ginny's gems said...

She is such a blessing. We missed yall at cg.