Saturday, January 9, 2010

Sat.'s Devo - God's Appointments

This week was a week of reunions with old friends. My close friend Anna came to visit Monday through Wed. We ended up at the church where I showed her the new sanctuary. We went up on the stage and ended up at the piano. She asked me if I wanted to sing and though it was very dark but we figured out how to turn the little lights on over the music sheets. We went out to her car and got her stack of worship songs and came back and started singing and worshiping together. Gloria came through and asked us if we wanted light which was a welcome blessing. Then after about an hour, Monte came through and started talking to us. We talked for another hour and he asked Anna to come back that night and share with the worship team during their meeting. We had just enough time to go home, eat, and come back. It was one of those divine appointments.
The whole time she was here I felt like she needed to talk to Lonita and the pastor. It is not a hard thing to talk to Lonita, except that she was sick, but getting to talk to the pastor is almost impossible. Finally on Wed. I told her we needed to go see Lonita. I knew in my spirit that we would see Alex too. Sure enough Lonita was back and after meeting with her for a while, Alex, our pastor walked in. He stayed and visited for about 30 minutes and it was another divine appointment. I love to walk by the spirit. I have come to realize that no relationships are for nought, they all serve a reason if you are walking in the steps God has prepared for you. After Anna left an old friend, Salley, from Wisconsin came through to see me. We had the best talks about the Lord and she went away with a lighter load and joy in her heart. I am so grateful to God for the friends he has put in my life. Today I will teach my first Bible study about God's appointments in his feasts. He has made an appointment to meet with us today, and everyday. It is just up to us to come.

1 comment:

Larsen Family said...

I am so sad that I missed the bible study this morning. BBall will last through Feb, but if you are going to continue on Sat mornings, I would love to join you. Let me know at CG. Can't wait to see what God has in store for our group with you and Dave leading us. :)