Monday, January 4, 2010

Monday's Devo - The God of Detail

Read John 19:23-24
When I read the part about Jesus clothes it makes me once again realize how minutely intricate God is. He had prophesied that seemingly insignificant part which wasn't insignificant to God. It makes me realize how detailed God is. The other day, I had had breakfast with a friend and started driving home. It hit me that I shouldn't go home but I didn't know where I was suppose to go; I just knew I needed to turn around. So I pulled over into a parking lot to listen. I went over my mental list of all the things I wanted to do that day and realized I should could go to Hobby Lobby and get something I knew I would need. After that, I remembered I needed to go to my bank and it was right across the street. As I was coming out of the ATM drive I looked up and realized that Ellis Pottery was going out of business. I didn't know what I could get there but just knew I needed to go. Once there, I looked around for something to put my fabric books on like a shelf. All of a sudden I saw it: a purse rack that was free-standing and perfect to hang my sample books on. I asked about it and they said it wasn't for sale. Then he said, "I'll go ask." He came back and said he would sell it for $20. I said, "Sold!" What a deal! And I would have missed it if I hadn't have stopped to listen. God is so interested in what interests us, but more important he loves for us to allow him to speak to us and hear him. It is all a lesson in hearing his voice.
So, back to our reading, Ps. 22:18 says, "they part my garments amoung them, and cast lots upon my vesture." I wonder if that annointed cloth brought them a curse of a blessing.
Lord, I am always amazed at how personal and kind you are. You are a God of detail because you love every detail about us and we love every detail about you.

No comments: