Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday's Devo - Just Go!

Dave and I like to go pray for people in the hospital. The only night we have to do this is Saturday. That is also our date night. We have always gone out to eat then to a movie if there is anything worth watching. If there is someone in the hospital we skip the movie and go to the hospital instead.
This week one of the ladies I work with told me that one of our clients was in the hospital, pregnant with twins. Both of the twins were in the same sac and she was being monitored constantly. She had already been in there a month and has 3 months to go. She has a son at home and the twins inside her are identical boys. I have only met this lady when I went and measured her windows and then when I went and hung the curtains. I was thinking she was a Christian, but it's been a while since I've seen her so I couldn't remember. I felt led to go get her my favorite book (next to the Bible): Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. I told Dave on our way that I didn't even know if she would recognize me. When we got there 2 of her highschool girl friends had come in town to see her and were there. I introduced myself to all of them in case she forgot who I was. She was very gracious and we had a great visit and she let us hold her hand and pray with her. I gave her the book and one of her girl friends had read it and loved it too. I am so thankful to God that He went before us and prepared the way for us. You never know the outcome of what you do sometimes but God does.
Last night I had a dream where I was giving out blue water to those who were thirsty. The water was different shades of blue everytime I poured it. Sometimes the small things we do seem "watered down" but it is still water to thirsty people. The water in the container was dark blue because the source is pure.
Dave dreamed that every day he and I did this ritual that drew this puma to our bedroom. He would come in and then we would let him and stay a while then we would let him out into the wilderness. That is such a perfect picture of what we do as God's followers. We fellowship with God in our prayer closet then take him out into the world. Jesus said, "Go make disciples of Me." May the things we do and the words we speak give glory to God.

No comments: