Sunday, April 5, 2009

Saturday's Devo - Showered with Gifts

Last week-end I went to a ladies retreat with a church I am not a member of with ladies I don't know. I was just hungry and needed a retreat and this one had my name on it. I ended up taking a lady that got to go at the last minute and needed a ride. We enjoyed great fellowship on the way and since we got lost, we even had more time to fellowship.
That week-end I met wonderful women who loved Jesus and never once felt alone or friendless. God had some special gifts to give me. The first night a lady called me into her room and told me God told her to give me something. What a surprise! It was a red, black, and white sweater with 23 sequined purses on it. They were all different and beautiful. It was a prophetic picture of my life. Purses are hearts and I am wearing many hearts, all different, close to my heart. That was a blessing. But that was not all God had for me.
I had been praying for my children. They are all at different stations in life and all facing various challenges and the speaker prophesied to me that God was moving in my children and setting things in order.
If that wasn't enough I met 3 ladies from New Mexico. I ended up sitting with them a lot and got to know one of them particularly. She ended up being one of those divine appointments that God sets up. We now have an e-mail relationship.
Then I almost forgot; one of the retreat coordinators was giving out prizes. I was hoping that I wouldn't get one because I wanted the ladies in the church to get them since this was their retreat. She asked if anyone could do the splits and my hand went up before I could think. Noone elses' did so she asked me to come to the front. Then she asked me to do them. Without warming up? I did and won a $150 skin scan to check for melanoma. I had wanted to have that done, but didn't know how to go about it. I have already made the appointment. I was so blessed!
When God calls you away, don't be afraid to go. He only has good things prepared for you. "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." Eph. 2:10

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just wondering if you went to your appointment with the skin care people yet? They will probably say you have great skin. You are beautiful. VM Duran

Ginny's gems said...

You are an inspiration. I go the 27th of this month. I'll let you know the results.