Monday, May 23, 2016

Mon.’s Devo - God Draws Near

Read: 1 Kings 8:549:14; 2 Chron. 7:1-10
When worship is involved, God draws near. When hundreds of people worship in the same place, his presence is multiplied. On this day it was so strong the priests couldn’t even enter the Temple.
I have actually experienced what they did in a much smaller way. about twelve years ago. I had been playing tennis and entered the back door of my house. The presence of the Lord was so strong in the living room that I could barely squeeze in the door. I sat down right by the door and cried. The air was so thick I could hardly breathe. I decided that maybe I was suppose to ask something of God like Solomon did. I had no idea what to ask for - temporary things seemed so trivial so I said a quick prayer and told God I was going to open my mouth and start praying and I wanted him to fill it with what I was to ask for. I opened my mouth and prayed, “Lord, I pray that I would teach your Word and rightly divide the Word of Truth.” Then I just sat there and waited until the heaviness left and I was able to go take a shower. I floated through the rest of the day and got a call from a friend about a speaker who was from Israel speaking at a small country church. I decided, because of what had happened that I should go. It was a hallmark meeting. The speaker prophesied over me and said, “you are a teacher and you will teach my Word and rightly divide the Word of Truth.” What a confirmation! Other things happened that night that I won’t go into here but it was a day I will never forget.
God appeared to Solomon again and told him that if they find themselves in sin and the consequences of sin they could call on his name, humble themselves, seek his face and turn from their wicked ways. Then, God would hear their prayers, forgive them and restore their land. That is our prayer for America.
Lord, thank your for your presence that is always with us.

No comments: