Friday, May 13, 2016

Fri.’s Devo - From a Curse to a Blessing

Read: Ps. 103; 108; 109; 110; 122; 124
Psalm 103 is such an explosive praise song. It make me want to stand and sing it. But when I got to Ps. 109, it was a totally different feeling. I had a hard time reading all the curses David prayed on his enemies. I had to remind myself that a curse is the opposite of a blessing so I read it like it was a blessing. Here are some of our blessings:
May our years be many and may we maintain our position. May our children be blessed with godly mates and many children. May our children be stable and prosperous. May they be blessed with godly friends and colleagues. May they have favor and may their names be great; and their reputations spotless. May the Lord forget the sins of their fathers and mothers. May they bless the poor and needy and give abundantly to them. May they bless others and be blessed. May the blessings they give out be returned to them and may they be tied around them like a belt.
Lord, bless them and rescue them because you are so faithful and good.
Amen!

No comments: