Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Wed.'s Devo Hidden Manna

Read Pr. 25:1-3
Verse 2 is one of my favorite scriptures: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing; but the honor of kings is to search out a matter." God chooses to hide his secrets so that we can have the fun and adventure of searching them out. He also hides them from the devil so he can't thwart his plans. He sent an angel to warn Joseph to take Jesus to Egypt when he was just a baby. The devil had plans to kill him so God had to hide him. The Bible is full of hidden manna, God's treasure, and if we want to know them we can. Isa. 45:3 says, "I will give you the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that you may know that I, the Lord, which call you by your name, am the God of Israel." In 1 Co. 2:7 Paul said that "we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory." So God hides things and if we want to be kings, we can search them out and find them. I know I have asked God some questions that I thought were not suppose to be known and he has told me the answer. It blew me away, then I realized he loves to reveal his secrets to those who want to know. My dad was one of the wisest and smartest person's I ever knew and he loved it when I asked him questions about building or anything he knew about. He freely shared all his knowledge with me, but only when I asked. God is like that. He has a wealth of information he would love to share with whoever wanted to spend the time to hear. Rev. 2:17 says, "He that hath an ear, let him hear...To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna...
Lord, we want to eat your hidden manna which you planned before the foundation of the earth. Give us the questions to ask and lead us to the truth.

No comments: