Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tues's Devo - Walk in your Gift

Read Pr. 25: 14
God hates dishonesty in business. To scam someone is giving them promises without fulfilling them. What about spiritually? What if you tell someone you have the gift of administration when you don't and then when you are put to the test you fail. Honesty is always the best policy. I have a project that I told someone I could do. When I started working on it I found out it was much more trouble than I thought at first and I couldn't do it alone. Now I have had to humble myself and tell my client not only that I can't do it but that I am going to have to ask someone who can to help me and it is taking so much longer than I had promised. I hate when I do stuff like this but this is a life lesson. I will loose my profit but deliver a product that is excellent. What I should have done is told her from the beginning that I didn't know if I could do it but would be willing to try if she was willing to let me. Then I would have had a way out. God is much more interested in how we end and He wants to help us in the in-between. Bottom line: there are some things that we need to pass on to the ones who have the gift. No one can do it all and that is why we are a body.
Lord, help us to bloom in the gift you have given us. Thank you for your patience as we try to figure this walk out.

No comments: