Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thurs.'s Devo - Just the Right Amount of Honey

Read Ps. 25:16
Too much of a good thing is not a good thing. Too much honey makes you sick. God wants us to be grounded and complete, not lacking in anything. We all have our "bents" in life and our gifts but we sould seek to be well-rounded. If our gift is evangelism we should not neglect teaching. If our gift is teaching we should not neglect worship. We move more easily in our gifts but we should be filled with all the gifts of God. The more rounded we become, the more gifts we will be given and the more people we will influence. Our church had D-now not too long ago. I do not consider myself to have the "gift of hospitality" but there was a need and I stepped up and offered my house. God gave me that gift for the week-end and all went remarkably well. This Christian life is not about getting but about giving and obeying God. God rewards obedience. The week-end I kept those 27, 8th graders I got the largest contract on a drapery order I have ever gotten. But the biggest blessing was being able to pour into the lives of those girls.
Lord, thank you for the opportunity of blessing you and your children. Give us the food convenient for us.

No comments: