Monday, March 28, 2011

Mon.'s Devo - Cold Water

Read Pr. 25:25
I blog about 2 weeks in advance in case my computer crashes or I go out of town, so I will still be able to offer my devotions. Yesterday, the earthquake and sunami hit Japan. I was at the gym when someone came up and told me what had happened. What a devastating blow to a nation of people that have few believers. What an opportunity for the gospel to be shared to bring hope and restoration to their hearts and their country. Today's verse has to do with hearing good news from a far country. It is like cold water to a thirsty soul. I would say that the souls of Japan have been made thirsty for answers. We could be the good news from the far away country. We could be the ones that bring them salvation and hope. We were thirsty and without hope and God sent Jesus "from a far country" to bring us salvation. Let's be that for those we work for or with and the ones of our family.
Lord, show us who is alien to God and his ways. May we bring them a cup of cold water from your Word.

No comments: