Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wed.'s Devo - Hunger for More

Read Pro. 17:16
It if foolish to spend money on expensive schooling when the student is not serious about learning. I have seen freshmen at college that came only to party, flunk out, then go home and get a menial job or worse yet: try a new college. It was a waste of their parents money to send them in the first place. It is the same in the spiritual. If you show no heart to learn the deeper things of God then you will not get the opportunities to do that, but if you yearn for more then God will arrange the teachers you need to sit under to be fed. I have always had an insatiable hunger for God's Word even as a child. My mother was in charge of placing the kids with their Sunday School teachers so she always made sure I got the best teachers. I can still remember some of the things they taught us. Through the years God has brought me so many people that have taught and challenged my growth as a Christian. I am not content to just know that I am saved; I want to know my Saviour and all his secrets. They are found in his Word. Uncovering the mysteries of God under the tutalage of the Holy Spirit is the best college there is and it's tuition free!
Thank you Lord, for the Holy Spirit who guides us into all truth. May we walk in that glorious truth today!

No comments: