Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thur.s' Devo - The Purpose Filled Life

Read Pro. 18:1-2
A wise man will take himself out of the equation and see with clarity and from God's perspective, where a fool only sees everything in light of himself. I have noticed that when I get introspective I get out of God's will and into mine which causes me to become self-absorbed and depressed. The fool is into "discovering the real person inside". That is a tool of the enemies to get our eyes off of God and focus on ourselves. The closer we get to the Lord the more we will thrive and grow in what He has called us to be. We will find our identities only in our creator. He has the secrets to our DNA and our destiny since he programmed us and prepared the road that we should walk on. David wrote about it in Psalms 139: "O Lord, you have penetrated me and examined me and know me. You know when I settled down and get married and you know when I rise up and succeed in what I am doing. You understand and consider the thoughts that I will have in years from now. You surround me when I am awake and asleep and you are familiar with my course of life and mode of action. Every word I will ever speak, you already know it. You have placed me in the hollow of your hand. This knowledge is overwhelming to me. I can't begin to comprehend it." (paraphrased)
Lord, help us to see from your perspective and remember how purposeful our lives are for the kingdom.

No comments: