Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wed.'s Devo - Children's Children

Read Pro. 17:6
I am going to be a grandmother in 7 months then again in 8 1/2. Both of my daughter-in-laws are pregnant. Talking to my friends that have already passed into the land of grand babies I know it is going to be different than having my own children. For one thing I know that the stress of parenting will not be there. I will just get to love them and pass on any wisdom my kids want to hear. I am so looking forward to it. It is interesting that the verse for today says that grandchildren are the crown of old men but the children get their glory from their fathers. So the grandfather is blessed by his grandchildren and the children are blessed by their fathers. It is a cycle, which should give us hope. For some of us, raising our children was hard and full of heart ache and intercession but the grandchildren make up for it. I can see this in one of my friend's lives. She who went through a lot of pain and grief raising her daughter. Her daughter actually got pregnant before she got married but the child is an absolute delight to my friend. Her grandson took away the pain of the past and has been a healing balm for her.
Lord, thank you for your plan of family. Sometimes family can be so tough and complicated but we learn about ourselves and about You by walking in such close fellowship with our families. You love family; help us to love ours.

No comments: