Monday, November 1, 2010

Mon.'s Devo - Peace and Quiet

Read Pro. 17:1
We all want peace and quietness in our lives. This verse says that it is better to have peace and only eat beef jerky than to have all the meat you want and live in strife. Peace is tangible; you can feel it. It means safety, happiness, friendly, prosperity, healthy, and wholeness. Jesus said, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you; not as the world giveth, give I to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." Peace is a fruit of the Holy Spirit which means we can grow peace and multiply it in our lives if we learn to practice peace. Two of my sons just found out they were going to be dads for the first time and that their business is fading out so they will be without a job. I can't tell your the peace God has given me about this. I believe that when God said if he clothes the flowers and feeds the birds that he would take care of us, that he meant it. God is so actively involved in our lives and nothing misses his observation. I can't wait to see his plan for them.
Lord, thank you for your plan for us. We are inadequate to do anything apart from you. Fill us with your spirit today to do what you have called us to do today. May we walk in your peace.

No comments: