Friday, November 26, 2010

Fri.'s Devo - Our Gifts

Read Pro. 18:15
I just realized that I did the wrong scripture yesterday. I'm sorry; I was supponse to do verse 14 instead of 4. I wondered why it seemed so familiar. I guess I needed to contemplate that one further. Anyway, we are back on track.
If you have a heart to learn then God will teach you. He will speak wisdom to you and you will grow in your understanding. It prepares you for the next verse that has to do with your gift. It says that your gift will make room for you. That means that God has given you gifts that he wants used for his purposes and he will bring them to you. If you are frustrated because you are not able to use your gifts then position yourself in God. He will position you in the place where he wants you to use them. We often think that it is up to us to get in the right place but that is the job of the Holy Spirit. Our job is to draw near to God and give him our life. He knows how to use a life for his glory. He will exalt you if you humble yourself and the more you allow God to have your gifts the more he will increase your capacity to flow in your gift and he will give you more.
Lord, we choose to draw near to you and seek you above our goals and desires. Take your gifts that you have given us and use them for your glory.

No comments: