Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Wed. Devo - Do I Hear What You Hear?

This is Christmas Eve. Outside, the weather is gray and cold and I'm sitting at my kitchen table with my Diet Coke and my fire place going and the tree lights lit. Although we have done Christmas, I am filled with such excitement and expectancy. Tomorrow, Dave and I will go to the battered women's shelter and fix their Christmas meal. What started out as a little "feed the homeless" is ending up being a bigger production. We picked the menu, will cook, serve, and clean up after. A friend who didn't have anything to do is coming to help and now I talked to another friend who might bring her boy friend and help too. God always has bigger plans than ours. He certainly had bigger plans 2,000 years ago when he sent a baby to us. How strange for an all-powerful God to send himself down as our equal. He is desperate to let us know Him. Yet, it seems we still can't seem to bring him down to our level. He really is concerned about curtains, hang nails, hurt feelings, and what we are thinking about right now. He really wants to play with us, laugh with us, and cry with us. He MADE us! He made us with purpose and precision. I think the greatest Christmas present we can give God is to bring him down to our lives and enjoy his company. He would love to really spend the day with us.
Lord, I invite you to my life. I want to experience life through you. Open my eyes to see what you see and hear what you hear. Let my life bring you joy!

No comments: